Saturday, December 6, 2008
back on my feet
by Jay
at 9:30 PM

Hello my dearest DGites (errr, DGoreans?),

I just got up a while ago wondering how the world has changed during my ordeal in which I hibernated for 3 days. Let me assure you, it was a wretched period.

I had a continuous raging fever for the past 3 days and it was massive. When I finally took to the Docs on the 2nd day (I dislike going to the docs, so sue me) he took my blood pressure (dude, i have a fever) and he checked my heart rate and he looked shocked. Told me my heart was beating rather faintly cause the fever was abnormally bad. (I didn't know there was a link with fever and heart rate)

In any case, I took the medication and my word, it was some medication (I think I slept more in the last 3 days than in the last 1 year). The medication was so strong I lost my sense of taste (I started wearing polka dotted jeans... ewww, just kidding). But everything tasted like rubber (yes I've tasted rubber before... and blubber too..). I was eternally groggy like I was on drugs (wait... I WAS on drugs)

Considering how I haven't been ill in ages (ok more like more than a year) it was terrible. It's like I forgot what it was like to be ill and to feel all the body aches again felt worse than if I had been continuously sick. I began to think of how I could anoint myself and get better. I confessed the word, tried to take communion and evern used the anointing oil (doesn't taste like anything, rubber tongue remember?). But to be honest, I never took all of those seriously. It's pretty hard to put your faith in God when your body is rampaged with fever and your head filled with noise (notice how noise seems amplified when your down with the flu?)

Well, today the fever finally broke (like when I woke up an hour ago). Nose isn't running and I feel better. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They are very much well-appreciated. I guess thats why we need people to pray for us. Cause when we are down and out, we need someone to stand in and pray on our behalf. And thats what DG is all about, being there for one another and standing in da gap for one another.

I've had a great time reading and catching up with what I've missed out on the past few days. Don't stop blogging, cause I do read the blogs everyday or whenever I can (I do read urs abbster, even the ones u write to yourself ;)

Well, I've missed out on much, but by toms, I shall be back in the midst of the action. This camp is gonna be awesome (I can feel it) and we're gonna have a smashing good time. Girls, you can hang out outside of the guys bunk (which includes mine) but not inside ok?

Will discuss more about camp in the next blog.

Till then, don't stop blogging.

Love,
~Jay