Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Balance
by Jay
at 3:20 PM
at 3:20 PM
Hi dearest beloveds,
I notice that some parents are getting a lil annoyed with all the activities that go on in church. There's dare service, dare group, play event, sunday service, camps and now mid-week! I know that wanting to go for all these events are noble aspirations that u have because u just can't have enough of God, but you must also realise that being too involved is also not in God's design. God designed us to be born into familys cause He believes that family is important and that family will nurture u to walk in the right ways. I believe there must be some balance.
The way to show a good example to your parents is to also spend some time at home. Sometimes, its also good to go for service with ur parents and then spend the rest of the day with them. Imagine, they go to work from Mon to Fri and then they are only left with a Sat and Sun to spend time with u. Sat you're at Dare (and now DG) and on Sun u wanna go for service with ur friends. When do they ever get to spend time with you?
Also, when you spend so much time away from ur parents, its hard for them to see the changes that God has made in your life. To them, all you want to do is spend time with ur friends and even get angry with them when they say no. Where's the testimony in that beloveds? At the same time, I also understand that spending time with friends is also important as they are your peers.
My suggestion is this, strike a balance. Maybe you can all meet up for alternate services and on the other weeks, follow your parents and spend some time with them. Take some time out to really spend time with them (dun end up watching TV or play computer games). Take my suggestions seriously and decide what to do. I have always trusted all of you to do the right thing, and I know I can still trust you.
I love all of you and I want you to see my heart in this matter, that family matters, and that parents matter. Do not feel condemed and feel like I am picking on you. Instead see this as an opportunity to grow and improve and to ultimately give glory to God. Remember, family is important (and I dun just mean your family in Church).
Love you all beloveds.
PS: Those who I have given th 100k project to do, pls remember that it needs to be done by this wed. I will email you the templates for you to fill in the particulars.
PSS: If you haven't done it yet, trust God for favour and ask Him for opportunities! Open your MOUTH and ask HIM!