Thursday, September 24, 2009
A Greater Blessing Is In Store For You
by Richard Kwek
at 11:44 AM
at 11:44 AM
Hi Guys! Haha, 2nd post... XP
Anyway, I just read the daily devotional from the NCC website. It was really inspiring because I have been rather vexed over the upcoming FYEs. It said this:
"Whenever the devil throws something at us, we need not lose hope. In fact, we can be sure that God will turn it around for our greater blessing because He is for us."
Yeah, that's rite... Even though we might feel that whatever we are currently going through is stressful, tiring and even pointless, we should know that God made us do this to SET US UP for something greater in our life. For example, some people might think that studying Chinese is pointless (If you're one of them, gimme a five! xP). However, you never know what god wants in your life. Who knows, he might have done this because he wants you to be someon prominent in China?! (;
You'll never be able to understand how much Jesus loves you. Just experience it without question. I dunno whether I should, but I guess I'll share this testimony with you guys :)
In term 2, I applied for entrance to VJC(Integrated Program). I didn't really want to go as I was very comfortable in SJI and actually applied for the sake of it. I still remember clearly that VJC required us to submit our Sec.2 Mid-Year results during the application process. As I was rather lazy(Yupp, That's Me XD), I did not submit the required document. However......
I still made it through to the Interview Rounds! I was dumbfounded, I really did not know that this would occur. The only plausible explanation is Daddy God :)
During the interview, I was constantly murmuring and had a very obvious lack of confidence. I had already given up hope of being accepted into VJC. However, this did not happen. I was accepted into VJC! I can still remember when I received that piece of news. I was staring at the computer suspecting that it was a fake mail from some spammer. It was TOOO good to be true.
Even though I was accepted, I did not want to go to VJC because I really love SJI, my friends and my caring and loving teachers. I really believed, at that point of time, that SJI was the best place for me to be in, to make a difference and to truly grow in faith. I had already planned to decline the invitation, but then something happened to change my mind.
I was offered 1 of the 5 scholarships VJC offered to IP students.
At that point of time, I really knew that it was Daddy God's plan for me to go there. It was not of my own efforts that I was able to qualify. In fact, there are many other more suitable candidates who WERE NOT accepted. This is how God blesses; he knows exactly how to go about blessing you. He is really a great God, a loving God and a God FOR ME :)
I really believe that you guys are also able to receive a similar, if not BETTER blessing. Guys, know that your Daddy God loves you through and through; He will NEVER abandon you, no matter how much you feel down and out. Be blessed, so that you can be a blessing! (: