Friday, May 21, 2010
Life is not a fairytale
by Kylie
at 7:57 PM

i was bored and i started flipping through my old sermon notes, found this in one of my old notebooks, this was from DARE service, on August 16th 2008

John 16:33 (New International Version)

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Jesus said this to His disciples, He was telling them about how He is going to be crucified and how everyone will leave Him all alone, but yet, He won’t be alone because His Heavenly Father will be with Him (John 16:31-32).

But He didn’t tell His disciples all that to scare them. Jesus said:

“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace

i like the way the amplified bible says it, it says:

“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence.”

PERFECT peace and confidence! :) i like.

Jesus also adds that:

“In this world you will have trouble.”

Life is not a fairytale, there will definitely be challenges and obstacles coming our way in this world because challenges are placed in our lives to strengthen us and build our characters. Again, Jesus didn’t tell this to His disciples to scare them because He says:

“But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

in other words, He’s saying be of good cheer, because He has overcome the world for us!

John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)

I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]

He tells us to be of good cheer (take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted) because He has overcome the world, He has already conquered it for us!

i like how to amplified version of the bible says

“I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you”

Jesus conquered the world FOR US, and He deprived the world of power to harm us.

So as children of God, the world has absolutely no authority, no power at all to harm us or to hurt us. :)

so yayyyyy.

kbai you can go have fun walking around this world nao and not worry of your challenges cos Jesus has conquered for it all for you, for me, for us!

and here's a song to match this post :D